Chandigarh College of Education, Landran, Mohali has been established since 2005 to encourage Teacher Training Education and to construct the plinth of the productive and constructive educational system in Punjab, India. The college is affiliated to Punjabi University, Patiala and is recognized by NCTE (National Council for Teacher Education) and Govt. of Punjab. The college also has the distinction of being ‘A’ Graded college by NAAC (National Assessment and Accreditation Council). In any institution, the quality of faculty is very important. Our faculty is highly qualified as maximum number of staff members are NET Qualified and M. Ed degree holders from reputed institutes. They are experienced, dedicated, possess high standards of moral values and thus are true role models.
We aim to prepare a knowledge workforce comparable to the best in the world through instruction in the cutting edge teacher education. The college takes it as a mission to shape future builders for the country on the dictums and vision of quality education held by the eminent personalities such as Sarvapalli Radhakrishnan, Tagore and Gandhi. Our Institution is committed to provide sustained quality education in the field of Teacher Training Education. Our B.Ed. College intends to focus on modern teaching methodology, research and innovation in pedagogy to meet the perpetual challenges and needs of the students of 21st century.
- The hidden curriculum of the college is devised to look after the spiritual well being of the students through which students participate in morning prayers, sing devotional songs, indulge in meditation and breathing exercises.
- The study of Philosophy of Education also contributes to the realization of spiritual values in collaboration with ideals of value education.
- The college organizes annual athletic meet in which large number of students participate in various events such as races, jumps, throws and recreational games.
- The college has a provision for a Badminton and Basketball Court, Football and Cricket Ground, Indoor Games such as Table Tennis, and well equipped gymnasium.
- The students are also sent to inter-college and inter-state tournaments.
- The famous ‘Sports Icons’ are invited as Chief Guests and Guest of Honor to share their views and motivate the students to rise and shine in the field of Sports.
- The college also runs NCC activities which focus on instilling discipline in the souls of the cadets and get the golden chances to participate in the following camps like Republic Day Camp (RDC), Basic Leadership Camp (BLC), Army Attachment Camp(AAC),Rock Climbing Camps (RCC), All India Trekking Camps.
Special efforts are put in to develop students personality through community services. NSS (National Service Scheme) at CGC is a voluntary association being run by students themselves under guidance from faculty members. One week long NSS camp is organized every year where students undertake various social welfare activities like Blood Donation Camp, Tree Plantation and awareness programs on Drug De-addiction, AIDS, Swine-flu and Campaign for Saving water and Cleanliness.
- The College club system is structured to nurture specific talents and interests of its students in a socially relevant cause. The students have a choice of selecting any one of the 4 clubs operating in the college. Each club ensures the learners are provided with relevant exposure, skills and experience in their chosen domains.
- The Human Rights Club organizes activities related to promotion of a culture of Human rights and celebrates Human Rights day on 10th December and Women’s day on 8th March. The principle behind this club is to raise awareness and take positive strides towards understanding global issues in an attempt to create a more globally aware environment at the college.
- The Peace Club organizes activities related to promotion of peace and celebrates International Peace day on 16 September. The main principle behind this club is to promote interaction between young people from a variety of backgrounds to build bridges for the future and to help strengthen a peaceful society.
- The Red Ribbon Club organizes activities related to generating awareness about safe Blood donation and HIV AIDS and celebrates World AIDS day on 1st December and a blood donation camp once a year. The main principle behind this is to instill life skills into youths to live better and healthier life, training of various basic health aspects and helping the adolescents and youths for achieving positive health.
- The Environment Club organizes activities related to saving trees, controlling pollution and promoting a culture of environmental conservation and celebrates Environment day on 6th June. The aim is of this club is to make a difference in our community and the world.
- Extension lectures on valuable topics are conducted to keep students abreast with hot topics.
- Science and Communication Skill Workshops are conducted to enable students competitive in these fields.
- Inter-college Maths competition is organized in which students display their creativity by making innovative teaching aids.
- The college has a computer lab where coaching in the appropriate use of educational technology and incorporation of ICT skills in teaching are taught.
- The class interaction is based on group discussions, quizzes, brain storming sessions.The students are indulged in project based learning. Inquiry, Discovery and Inductive method of teaching is adopted.
- The college has a Fine Arts Room where ‘Expressional Competencies’ of the students are developed by making them groom their blackboard writing skills and fine arts skills.
- Placement Workshops are also conducted by inviting the schools in collaboration to provide opportunities to student to begin their career in teaching.
- Educational trips are organized to enable the students healthy emotional bonding with one another.
- Collaborative, Peer-Group and Cooperative learning techniques are emphasized to develop the emotional aspect of students’ learning.
- Class Counselling Sessions are a regular feature which is presided over by the Class Mentors to solve the personal and academic problems of the students
- Women Club is organized to redress the women related grievances.
- Students also participate in the cultural activities such as Youth Festival organized by Punjabi University, Patiala and Parivartan, Annual function organized by the Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran.
- Open House are held with the students quarterly to look after their problems at emotional level and emotional adjustment.