One day training programme on Rights of Child was organised by Chandigarh College of Education,

One day training programme on Rights of Child was organised by Chandigarh College of Education, Chandigarh on 13th of November, 2018 (Sponsored by National Human Rights Commission, New Delhi). Around 120 students with educationists registered themselves for the training programme. The Chief Guest of the inaugural session was Sh. Sukesh Kalia, Chairperson, Punjab State Commission for Protection of Child Rights. The session commenced with the lamp lighting ceremony performed in the presence of Dr. Sneh Bansal, Principal CCE accompanied by Er. AC Sharma Dir. HR and Admin and Dr. Jagtar Singh Khattra, Dir. Academics, CGC. Shri Sukesh Kalia, Chairperson, Punjab State commission for Protection of Child Rights addressed the audience and thanked the dignitaries for having organized the seminar. He emphasized that all of us should be aware of human as well as child rights. He thanked the almighty for having given him chance to serve humanity this way by his work. He added that children are supreme assets and it is our responsibility to secure their rights of protection. At end he said that with some conscious effort from all of us, we definitely can make it better. Shri Sukesh Kalia, Chief Guest of the inaugural ceremony, concluded the session by inviting all the students as a delegation to come and attend workshops at their office. Er. A.C. Sharma, Director Administration, expressed his gratitude on the behalf of Chandigarh Group of Colleges, Landran by thanking Shri Sukesh Kalia for sparing his precious time from his busy schedule for the workshop cum training programme. He gave a concluding note by adding that children are the future of every country and every child has the right to live a decent life. Around 40% population of India are children and it becomes the collective responsibility of the rest 60% to ensure that the rights of children are being protected. After tea break, a session on the topic ( UN convention on the rights of the child and its optional protocols i.e. right to survival and development, right to participation and right to protection) was taken by Mr. Neil Roberts, member, Juvenile Justice Board, Mohali. He shared the line stories of children who are victims of child rights violation and made the participants aware about the law and order situation when it comes to dealing with child sexual abuse/ child abuse and also how deeply the victim is affected. He concluded the session by answering the queries asked by the participants on Child Rights issue. He took his session by discussing various case studies with the participants and thought provoking experiments. Few case studies he shared with the participants and asked the participants to branstorm and told them to share their perception about the cases. After lunch, Mrs. Taranjeet Hundal, Senior Advocate, Punjab and Haryana High Court and Expert Educationist, Chandigarh interacted with the participants on various issues on Child Rights including Right to Education and POCSO act. Mrs. Hundal started her session by asking the question to the audience whether they are aware of Child Rights. At the end, the workshop was concluded by taking a group photograph with the participants and Mrs. Taranjeet Hundal.