According to the Constitution of India, Equality is a Fundamental Right that includes the right to equality before law, forbidding discrimination and equality of opportunities in matters of public employment. Equality between men and women, right to work, education and to public assistance in case of unemployment, old age, sickness, disablement, provision of just and humane conditions for work and maternity relief, are important Directive Principles of State Policy.
- Prevent gender discrimination and sexual harassment, by promoting gender equality amongst all employees and students.
- Deal with cases of sexual harassment, in a time bound manner, aiming at ensuring support services to the victimised in event of any harassment
- Recommend appropriate punitive action against the accused to the Director.
THE ROLE OF THE WOMEN’S CELL
- To ensure that appropriate action is taken against the offender
- To ensure that victims and witnesses are not victimized or discriminated because of their complaint.
To take proactive measures towards sensitization of the students as well as staff of CCE, Landran on gender issues so that CCE, Landran is an excellent work place for all.
Procedure for the Complaint
- A complaint of gender discrimination/sexual harassment may be lodged with any member of Women Cell in writing by the complainant.
- Under special circumstances an individual, who may be a friend/colleague/teacher/parent of the complainant, may make a written complaint on behalf of the complainant.
A written complaint to the Women Cell may be addressed to the Convener of the Women Cell. If a written complaint is made to the Director, Dean, Registrar or any of the CGC members, the complaint shall be forwarded to the Convener of the Women Cell
COMPOSITION OF WOMEN CELL
- Coordinator: Ms. Navdeep Sandhu (Lectuer)
- Members: (1) Ms. Harpreet Kaur (Lecturer)
- Ms Sunita Attri (Lecturer)